Pete’s column details the web trends we’re likely to see in 2010.
He touches on several key topics, including:
- real-time communication and what he calls a “growing demand for immediacy in our interactions”
- Google Wave and its currently unknown utility
- location-sharing services that are “a new layer of the Web”
- all the possible ways we’ll deal with “information overload”
- the continued transition from desktop applications to cloud computing
- major growth of Internet TV and movies
- the evolution of devices—the quest for the one device that does it all (GPS, music, video, etc.) and the emergence of innovative devices that may be so good that they challenge the believe that “one device does it all”
- increasing interest in social gaming
- an attempt to monetize social media
- more fame, less privacy
In short, if you want to know what might happen in 2010 from someone who really knows his stuff, check out his column. It’s excellent.